Another Beachy Fun Event
The first Beach Bash event was held on August 17, 2013. At the time, there was no thought of having another Beach Bash. But the notion of planning another event quietly crept into the minds of its organizers (who had since retired from their real jobs), and within three whirlwind months, Beach Bash II was a-happening!
The evening's festivities were reminiscent of the inaugural Beach Bash: Local style pupus and dinner buffet favorites, back-in-the-day music, a variety of entertainment acts, and live dance music. The popular Fishing Booth also made an encore appearance to raise funds for The Alzheimer's Association, Aloha Chapter.
The success of Beach Bash II is credited to the:
- Volunteers who selflessly donated their time, efforts, and resources
- Individuals and businesses exhibiting a true spirit of giving by generously donating items and money for prizes, including classmate Judy (Lum) Taira who donated and mailed several big boxes of goodies from Trader Joe's in CA
- Matt and Sue Wong, owners/operators of MS Company, who created and assembled all the fabulous balloon decorations
- Groups and organizations -- such as Project Giving Back (PGB) and members of the Class of 1970 from Kaimuki, McKinley, and Roosevelt -- who provided essential hands-on help in the various parts of the event
- Each and every attendee who shared their extraordinary fun and caring spirit with one another.
MAHALO NUI !!!
Click here to view Beach Bash II pictures.
Click here to view the Beach Bash II slideshow (length 15:20).